happy list

6 Oct

eed37e306c48351f0f56f3c4fcadaba8

things that have been making me happy recently…

– My husband always makes my happy list. He’s my other. My rock. My best friend. My inspiration. My biggest supporter. Our marriage has been in a really solid place recently and it brings me such joy. There’s really nothing better than feeling connected to your partner.

– Pumpkin candles. I’m obsessed with pumpkin candles. OBSESSED. I light one the minute I walk through the door and it doesn’t get blown out until I go to bed.

– Movie dates with my momma. We saw “The Good Lie” and we both loved it. Such an incredibly moving film. I was blown away with the performances. See it!

– Yoga dates with my neighbor Eric. He just cracks me up.

– Long bubble baths with a stack of magazines and an iced coffee.

– Peanut butter frozen yogurt with almonds on top.

– My favorite tv shows are back (silly but true!). I love cuddling up on the couch for a good laugh or a good cry.

– We got a new car this past weekend! I’m in love and I am not even a car girl. But really is there anything better than the smell of a new car?

– The “Map My Walk” application on my phone. I use it every morning on my walk with Frankie. The handy-dandy app keeps track of all my stats. Frank and I average 2.5 miles a day. He’s a trooper that little guy.

– A travel essay that I wrote (and Brian shot all the photos for!!) is being published on one of my favorite sites. So excited to share it with you all…soon!

“The most important thing is to enjoy your life – to be happy – it’s all that matters.”

Audrey Hepburn

11 Responses to “happy list”

1. Lynn October 6, 2014 at 5:49 pm #

Love this Kate! Thanks for sharing the movie suggestions…looks like a great one to see!

2. Maria October 6, 2014 at 5:56 pm #

Love this list. Last week, Jen Pastiloff posted her manifesto and asked us to do the same, I believe in….this and that. I sat down to do one thinking I’d write 5 things and wrote 30 or more! It’s amazing when we really sit to think about what we believe in, or in your case above, what makes us happy, to see how much there is to say!
    Now, what are your favorite shows?? I have so many this season, returning and new!
    I’m going to try the app you mentioned. I’ve finally started walking again and I need to track it 😉

• kate365til October 6, 2014 at 6:23 pm #

I love that you wrote 30 or more things!! How inspiring! I would love to read the list:)

Regarding tv shows….I watch Greys Anatomy (I know I know…I’m probably the only one!), Scandal, How to get away with murder, The Walking Dead, American Horror Story, Modern Family & Homeland. What are your returning and new favorite shows?!

• Maria October 6, 2014 at 6:59 pm #

I will find what I wrote or her and send it to you! I was actually pretty proud of it!
        Ok, Tv shows: Gotham, Sleepy Hollow, The Blacklist, New Girl, The Goldbergs, Black-ish, Forever, The Mindy Project, Modern Family, The Mysteries of Laura, Chicago PD, Parenthood, How to get Away with Murder, Scandal, A to Z, Selfie, Grimm, Once Upon a Time, Homeland, CSI (the original one in Vegas with Ted Danson), The Affair, American Horror Story…that’s too many. And the way Showtime and HBO do things, they have shows starting all over the calendar! So there are a bunch that will start in January. I don’t know how I have time to work and read and take care of my children with all these shows!!! I’m really thrilled about Scandal. I just watched the first 3 seasons in about 3 days and loved it!!!

• kate365til October 6, 2014 at 8:59 pm #

“I don’t know how I have time to work and read and take care of my children with all these shows!!” Ha!!! You crack me up!! Totally agree with you about scandal. I too watched three seasons on netflix in record time. Brian thought I had lost my mind. I didn’t leave our house one Sunday because I was watching scandal…and it was a super gorgeous day!

3. di @ life of di. October 6, 2014 at 7:15 pm #

Love the authenticity of this list! So often people are quite generic in their responses to what makes them happy but I really like how you included details of what specifically makes you feel that way! 🙂 I can definitely relate to the enjoyment that a bubble bath + coffee + a good book/magazine can bring! It’s one of my very favorite things to do!

4. righteousbruin9 October 7, 2014 at 12:51 pm #

This is an honest and well-balanced list. I look forward to seeing your complete travel blog. I am also interested in where your mind travels, during yoga- to the far galaxies, or into the vast emptiness of a black hole?

5. Amy October 7, 2014 at 4:49 pm #

I love the happy lists! Sometimes you need to make a concerted effort to sit down and take in all the things in your life that bring you joy.
    Long bubble baths are definitely something I am looking forward to when we move into our new house next year. I am going to set me up a little Amy Spa in the second bathroom. No boys allowed!
    I can’t wait to read your travel essay! You carry me away with your words when you start talking about your adventures 🙂

6. jjbegonia October 8, 2014 at 7:31 am #

Your happy list makes me happy too – I love reading things like this! I am totally with you on the “new car smell”, and major Congrats on the travel essay. I can’t wait to see it!

7. the usual bliss October 8, 2014 at 12:48 pm #

Looking forward to reading the essay! I use Map My Hike and love seeing my mileage (and calories burned!).

8. erin haslag (@erinhaslag) October 10, 2014 at 7:04 am #

Congrats on the travel essay! Excited to read! Love that it’s a collaboration between you and Brian.