This weekend felt like summer had officially arrived at the Glodney house- we bbq’d with friends Friday night, took a long with Frankie Saturday morning with the warm sun on our backs and Brian went surfing for the first time this season. I love when he gets home from surfing and his kisses taste like salt water. On Saturday evening we went to our favorite little neighborhood spot, The Corner Door for happy hour drinks and food. During our date we decided to write a list of things we’d like to do this summer, in hopes that putting them on paper ensures we make them happen.
– see a show at either the hollywood bowl or the greek theatre
– go camping
– a day at a fancy hotel pool
– drive in movie theatre date night
– paradise cove beach day with Rachel & PJ
– dinner club (our monthly dinner club with Rachel & Pj and Mike & Loni has been on hold with weddings, babies & honeymoons- it’s been hard for the group to get together. But, now we are all settled and ready to get back to our monthly dinner club!)
– a county line beach day complete with lunch at neptunes net
– hollywood forever cemetery movie night
– summer concert series at the santa monica pier
– delaware night (one of my favorite summer memories from being with my family in Delaware is when we would get a bunch of crabs, sweet corn and cold beer. Since we are not going to Delaware this summer, I thought we could bring it to our house)
– griffith observatory (I have never been! This craziness must stop)
What’s on your summer to do lists?? I’d love to hear some of your ideas…so I can steal them!
“Aaah, summer – that long anticipated stretch of lazy, lingering days, free of responsibility and rife with possibility. It’s a time to hunt for insects, master handstands, practice swimming strokes, conquer trees, explore nooks and crannies, and make new friends.”