highlights from my weekend

30 Jul

– watching the Olympic opening ceremony Friday night was definitely a highlight. Was I the only one who found it funny? Brian takes watching the opening ceremony very seriously so he was terribly annoyed with my laughter. I felt the need to ask him- I’m sorry but do you not see that huge creepy baby thing on the stage?

– eating spicy Indian food- at least I had this while we watched the opening ceremony

– going to an outdoor concert in Downtown LA on Saturday night- it was such fun! I even got the chance to dance with an older and very happy man who yelled “the party don’t stop!” the whole time. I had Brian’s blessing in case you were worried. He found it very funny

– watching the movie “Friends With Kids”

– finding a ballet studio to start classes at next month- Align Ballet

– getting my toes painted mint

– receiving “the book of doing” from a thoughtful friend. She thought it would be good inspiration for my artist dates and it is!

– watching people learn how to pay bocci ball at a BBQ

365til30: instagram  @kate365, twitterfacebook

16 Responses to “highlights from my weekend”

1. clownonfire July 30, 2012 at 9:11 am #

Kate,
    I rather enjoyed Friends With Kids. But I do like Jennifer Westfeldt. And it’s always pleasure to see her bf Jon Hamm in her movies, too. Not that I’m a Mad Men obsessive fan, or anything…
    Le Clown

• katemcclafferty July 30, 2012 at 9:13 am #

I completely forgot that her boyfriend was John Hamm! I also love Chris O’Dowd- I think he’s hysterical…

• clownonfire July 30, 2012 at 9:16 am #

Kate,
        Have you seen Ira and Abby? It’s worth it. Chris O’Dowd was great, and basically, everyone who was also in Bridesmaid, which I also found really, really funny.
        Le Clown

2. mylifeisthebestlife July 30, 2012 at 9:29 am #

Sounds like a fabulous weekend!

3. barbarapotter July 30, 2012 at 9:57 am #

Your weekends are always creative. Never a dull moment even if you are just thinking about something:)

• katemcclafferty July 30, 2012 at 10:31 am #

Thanks Barbara! Counting down the days til Ojai!! Calling you today or tomorrow to work out details.

4. Cassy July 30, 2012 at 10:04 am #

Sounds like an absolute amazing weekend. Friends with Kids is a hilarious movie but also had some good life lessons in it which I enjoyed. Chris O’Dowd is awesome. My husband and I fell in love with him in the british sitcom The IT Crowd. Which is so funny and totally recommend watching at some point in your life.

• katemcclafferty July 30, 2012 at 10:31 am #

I LOVE him too. I need to find that British sitcom- sounds good!

• Cassy July 30, 2012 at 12:43 pm #

It’s hilarious. If you have Netflix, it’s on there. The first episode is a little hard to get into, but I really enjoyed it!

5. the usual bliss July 30, 2012 at 10:05 am #

I discovered a few years back that I have a Bocci skill in my blood! So fun!
    Love the toes. Mine are jealous. 🙂

• katemcclafferty July 30, 2012 at 10:27 am #

Ha! Bocci skill in your blood! It looked like you had a beautiful weekend too!! Those sandwiches looked amazinggggggg

6. becca3416 July 30, 2012 at 1:14 pm #

I too watched “Friends with Kids” this weekend. Eh, not bad. Had its share of super depressing moments! Congrats on finding a studio.

7. free penny press July 30, 2012 at 5:38 pm #

Fun, Fun times!!
    PS-I painted my toes a sweet cantaloupe color 🙂

• katemcclafferty July 30, 2012 at 6:26 pm #

Ooooooh! Sweet cantaloupe sounds amazing! I’m doing that next:)

• free penny press July 30, 2012 at 7:01 pm #