It is said that every journey begins with a single step and my, my , what a beautiful , insightful , exciting and exceedingly funny journey you have taken all of us on in your 29th year. You have inspired and taught each of us the value of believing in ourselves (at any age I might add). You have shown us to not lose sight of the dream that is out there for us, if we allow ourselves to dare to believe.
Kate, I’m not sure you realize the profound effect 365 til 30 has had on so many of us. I have never been more proud of you and your voice. You truly inspire me! Are you sure you’re only 30? Thank you for being open, honest and vulnerable along the way. You have made it all so real and that has made it a great, a great trip for us your readers! Now, I could tell you to watch out for that tumbleweed, but alas, you have already learned that valuable lesson.
So, I leave you with these few other thoughts:
1. Always, always remember everything I have taught you in your first 29 years! That way I won’t have to repeat any lessons.
2. Don’t speed across the country! Cops love to stop beautiful girls from out-of-state. Especially from California or New York. YOU SHOULD HAVE LISTENED !!!!
3. Trust no one! I know they might seem nice but, ask yourself – Why the fuck are they being sooo nice? Unless they really are nice. If they are good people, tell them I apologize for thinking ill of them.
4. Laugh every day! I promise it will keep you 30………ish.
5. Tell those you love (especially Brian – lucky guy) how much you love them every day!
6. Call Mr. Mc Clafferty when you can. I promise it will always make him happy!
7. Always know how much I love you!
Can’t wait to read what’s on tap for 365 til ……????
Sparkle on my love.